There are many deformities that can develop in the lower extremities of the human body. More specifically, these deformities can be seen in the ankle or foot. People with foot or ankle deformities may have symptoms such as pain, tenderness, swelling, bruising, stiffness in the joint, and/or difficulty walking. These symptoms can vary, depending upon which ailment you’re dealing with. Because each foot/ankle deformity is so different, you will need a professional to assist you in the evaluation of your deformity. Luckily, Foot and Ankle Surgeons of New York, also known as FAASNY, provide treatments for numerous conditions and deformities pertaining to the lower extremities. Contact their office to reach the best ankle surgeon in Nassau County, NY.
The best ankle surgeon in Nassau County, NY has doctors that are extensively trained in the diagnoses and treatments of deformities in the foot or ankle. Examples of these deformities can include but are not limited to the following:
- Achilles Tendon Disorder- This disorder can be stimulated by constant stress on the Achilles’ tendon which connects the calf muscle to the heel bone.
- Brachymetatarsia– A condition where one of the bones in the foot is abnormally shorter than the others, leading to the deformed appearance.
- Bunion (Hallux Abducto Valgus)- A bulge on the side of the big toe in which the bones are misaligned. Bunions are typically inherited and can be an uncomfortable annoyance.
- Flat Feet (Adult and Children)- This is an ongoing collapsing of the arch of the foot that can occur in both adult and children.
- Gout- A disorder that occurs from too much uric-acid developing in the tissues or any of the joints.
- Haglund’s Deformity– An abnormality that may present itself as a bump on the back of the heel bone.
Once done assessing and diagnosing your foot/ankle deformity, the best ankle surgeon in Nassau County, NY can provide treatments for corrective measures. The treatment process will differ depending on the diagnoses. If non-surgical treatment options have shown to be ineffective, surgery may be the best method for moving forward. Foot and Ankle Surgeons of New York are specialized in adult and pediatric lower extremity surgery.
Get the full assistance you need in assessing your foot/ankle deformity by contacting and booking an appointment with