Foot and Ankle Surgeons in NYC
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The holiday season is upon us once again, bringing with it the many unique nuances that can only occur during the month of December. But while this time period is filled with moments of joy and excitement, it’s imperative that you remember to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.
It’s easy to forget the potential dangers that may crop up during the holidays, but our team at Foot & Ankle Surgeons of New York has tips that can help you:
- Look out for the black ice!
- Winter is here, and with it comes the dreaded black ice. The bane of all those who are clumsy, slipping on black ice has become a frequent epidemic often leading to foot and ankle injuries including ankle fractures. Keep a supply of ice melt or salt to keep your driveway and walkways safe. If you do fall and are feeling discomfort in your ankle, schedule an appointment with our foot and ankle surgeons. Letting a foot or ankle injury heal naturally, when left undiagnosed, can lead to long-term issues.
- Keeping your feet warm.
- How uncomfortable is it to walk around with slush and snow soaking up your socks? Use proper footwear like winter boots and long thick socks to avoid this bothersome predicament. It’ll prevent your feet from getting numb as well.
- There is nothing like the thrill of rushing down a mountain slope at a fast/rapid pace but these wintertime activities have been known to commonly cause injury, Make sure to take all safety precautions into account before headed downhill.
- Holiday Shopping
- The busiest time of year as far as shoppers are concerned, but don’t overdo it! Plan your schedule according and try to avoid big crowds. That flat screen TV isn’t worth getting trampled over.
The holiday season is a wonderful time for all of us to spend some time with our loved ones and show them just how much they mean to us. Above all else, remember to give back to those you care about and let them know how much they’re appreciated. Happy Holidays!