Your feet are what carry you, so it’s important to keep them happy and healthy! If work requires you to be on your feet all day, it is especially important to take the time to take care of them. Your feet not only take thousands of steps a day, but they also support your entire body weight. It is also likely that you are stuffing your feet into all different types of shoes that may not be the best for you. Let alone the fact that you are standing on them for long periods at a time. At the end of the day, your feet go through a lot and taking care of them is not only incredibly important, but you’ll be much happier than you did; and your feet will thank you as well!
What you can do:
Your feet probably could use some more attention than you are probably giving to them, especially while at work. Luckily, there are various things you can do while on the job to take good care of your feet and make them more comfortable:
- Stretching – Stretching out your whole body can help your feet feel better and release any tension or stress throughout the body.
- Wear compression socks – Wearing these can prevent any swelling caused by blood pooling in the legs and feet.
- Get a new pair of shoes – Invest in your feet and buy a new pair of shoes about every six months. The sole of your shoes become worn down quickly and the support your shoes provide then quickly diminishes.
Here also some things you can do at home to make your feet more comfortable at work:
- Keep your toenails cut neatly – Prevent ingrown nails or infection by keeping your toenails cut. It can also be very uncomfortable to feel your nails digging into your toes or shoes.
- Moisturize – Use a moisturizer on your feet to prevent your skin from cracking.
- Soak your feet in Epsom salt – Resting your feet in a large bowl of warm water with Epsom salt helps aid circulation and prevent swelling. Soaking your feet back and forth in hot or cold water also helps with circulation and swelling.
How can Foot and Ankle Surgeons of New York help?
Unfortunately, sometimes the at-home treatments do not always relieve all of your foot pain. Therefore, you will need to consider professional help. By reaching out to a podiatrist they can help take some of that stress off your feet. If your main concern is being more comfortable while at work or on the go, a podiatrist may suggest Orthotics. Rather than going out an trying to find the perfect shoe, you can purchase orthotics that will wear inside your shoes. These can help solve some of the issues you may be having with your feet. Including trouble walking around or even relieving some of that pain, you have been experiencing!
At the Foot and Ankle Surgeons of New York, we understand how important your feet are. We want you to take care of your feet the best that you can and help you do just that! Our expert doctors and surgeons can help you diagnose and treat any foot problems you may have and make sure that they are properly taken care of. Visit our website for more information on how we can help you today!